The ATC Nuclear division of ATC delivers best-in-class safety-related and non-safety related hardware and services to the nuclear industry. Our ATC Nuclear - NY and ATC Nuclear - TN Divisions provide customers such as Exelon, PSE&G, FPL, and Entergy with cost-effective programs as well as solutions to their obsolescence needs that enable their plants to operate safely and productively.
For more than 20 years, our business has successfully supported the Nuclear Utility Industry. By utilizing our services, our customers have avoided significant plant downtime and they have realized major cost and time savings. Our industry strengths include plant outage support, the delivery of solutions to plant obsolescence issues, and advanced electrical and mechanical testing services.
Our quality assurance program is in full compliance with the requirements of 10CFR50, Appendix B, ASME NQA-1, ANSI N45.2, MIL-I-45208A and 10CFR Part 21 requirements. We have had no major findings as a result of several NUPIC audits and NRC inspections.
ATC Nuclear - NY and ATC Nuclear - TN delivers complete qualification and dedication services to the nuclear industry.
Commercial Grade Dedication and Qualification Services
- We have dedicated and completed seismic and/or full harsh environment qualification programs on:
- Mechanical Equipment
- Electrical Equipment
- Digital Equipment
- Our dedication is in accordance with EPRI NP5652, and we follow IEEE-323 and IEEE-344 for our qualification.
Re-engineering and Replication
- We have performed re-engineering and replicated a variety of equipment, mostly instrumentation and control equipment such as power supplies, controllers, individual circuit boards, etc. Our replications are provided fully qualified with EPRI NP6406 equivalency reports.
Obsolete Component and Systems Solutions
- We approach solutions to obsolescence with four basic options:
- Revitalize the existing obsolete equipment, returning it to like new condition and re-certifying it. For example, we have programs with several customers for re-vitalizing their GMAC and Foxboro analog controllers. We have also provided re-winding services for a wide variety of electric motors and re-vitalization of switchgear.
- Identifying "like-for-like" replacement equipment in the surplus market, then doing whatever is necessary to certify it for its safety-related application.
- Identifying state-of-the-art replacement components in the current market, then dedicating/qualifying, including engineering the necessary transitional arrangements to allow installation with no modifications to the existing mounting configuration. Formal EPRI NP6406 equivalency evaluation reports are provided.
- The most innovative option available is to reverse engineer and replicate the obsolete equipment. Spectrum has successfully cloned a wide cross section of the equipment for our nuclear customers, from individual circuit boards to complete electronic systems, to MCCs and other electrical equipment and mechanical components.
Circuit Card Repair, Refurbishment, and Supplier Stocking
- ATC offers a cost-effective approach to repairing, reverse engineering, and replicating individual printed circuit boards
Seismic & Environmental Testing
- We deliver comprehensive testing and equipment qualification services in accordance with IEEE-323 and IEEE-344. Our in-house shaker tables provide the industry with seismic testing.
Motor Control Center Retrofitting
- We have provided Motor Control Center (MCC) retrofit buckets for many different types of MCC's. We have qualified buckets for both mild and harsh environment, for many of our customers.
- We recognize that extended plant downtime can result in lost revenue for the plant. We pride ourselves on providing our customers with outstanding customer service. On a 24/7 basis, we are called upon to deliver equipment to plants in support of their time-sensitive outages.
Sourcing Services - sourcing Obsolete, "Hard to Find", and "Long Lead-Time" items on a 24/7 basis. Our experienced, nuclear industry personnel utilize our extensive network to deliver spare parts to our customers, avoiding costly downtime safety-related materials can be supplied via ATC's Spectrum and STS Divisions.
Motors - ATC has strategic partnerships with major motor suppliers for delivering motors under emergent conditions. In addition, we can deliver a wide range of high voltage synchronous and asynchronous motors.
Spare Parts Supply - maintaining over $200 million of inventory, available for immediate shipment (24/7), at a competitive price. Our 70,000 square foot warehouse is an approved Appendix B warehouse for storage and handling. A partial list of our inventory includes:
- Turbine Parts
- Electrical Parts
- Circuit Boards / Power Supplies
Investment Recovery - ATC Nuclear's Investment Recovery Services enables our customers to maximize the value of the sale of their surplus and excess inventory, and capital spares assets, resulting in share-to-win programs
- Maximize the return on sales of assets
- Unique electronic parts matching programs with nuclear "Club Members" enables ATC to re-deploy material back into industry at a high rate of return
- Surplus inventory, Excess inventory, and capital spares
- Partnership, share-to-win model
- Identification of assets to be written-down
- Surplus inventory purchase or consignment options
- On-site or off-site warehouse management options
- Customizable program options
- Creative alternative to maximize ROI
Consulting Services - Our consulting services to the Nuclear Industry includes on-site Commercial Grade Dedication Services, and Commercial Dedication Training (EPRI NP-5652).
Alliances - partnering with strategic organizations to address critical customer needs
- Validyne Engineering
- Moore Industries - 535 Single Loop Process Controller
- Siemens Energy - 353 Digital Loop Controller
Visit us on the web at : https://www.atccatalog.com/Nuclear
ATC Nuclear - NY
Schenectady, NY 12305
Phone: (518) 382-0056
Phone (24/7): 518-878-8071
ATC Nuclear - TN
777 Emory Valley Rd.
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
Phone: (865) 966-5330
Phone (24/7): (865) 335-7896
Terms and Conditions